COST IC1205 Summer School on Fair Division
Grenoble, France, 13-17 July, 2015
The school is a COST Action IC1205 event, and is supported by a grant from the Persyval Labex, the French national institute for computer science and applied mathematics Inria and the CNRS Research Group on Operations Research.
A few pictures of the event are available here.
The following speakers have confirmed their participation:
- Ioannis Caragiannis, Univ. of Patras
- Ulle Endriss, Univ. of Amsterdam
- Gianluigi Greco, Univ. of Calabria
- Dorothea Herreiner, Loyola Marymount University
- Christian Klamler, Univ. of Graz
- Jérôme Lang, Univ. Paris-Dauphine
- Michel Lemaitre, formerly at ONERA, Toulouse
- Denis Trystram, INRIA, Univ. Grenoble Alpes
Lectures will be given on the following topics:
- Preferences over Bundles of Indivisible Items
- Cost-sharing Problems
- Fairness and Effiency
- Protocols for Allocating Indivisible Items
- Experimental Fair Division
- Mechanism Design and Fair Division
- Case Studies in Fair Division
The COST Action IC1205 "Computational Social Choice" will offer grants to students coming from European countries participating to this Action. To check whether your country is one of 31 members of the Action, please check at: http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/ict/Actions/IC1205?parties.
The summer school will not charge any registration fee. It will propose accommodations at the university residency during the summer school at a low price (details can be found on the dedicated page).
Applications should be sent by email, by April 24th, 2015 to:
- Sylvain Bouveret (sylvain.bouveret[symbolyouknow]imag.fr);
- Nicolas Maudet (nicolas.maudet[symbolyouknow]lip6.fr).
Each application should contain:
- a CV;
- (for Ph.D. students) a letter of recommendation from the advisor;
- (for Master's students) a letter of recommendation from the head of the Master's program;
- (if you wish to present a poster) an extended abstract of 3 pages, references included;
- (if you wish to benefit from a grant of the COST action) indicate that you apply for a grant, and specify the expected ticket price for the trip.
- Deadline for Submission:
April 10thextended to April 24th
- Notification of Acceptance :
May 2ndMay 7th
- Deadline for registration: May 22nd
- Summer school: July 13th-17th